Winter has arrived and brought with it that annoying cold and flu season! At LGCWC we believe that a preventive approach is your first line of defense. But if a nasty bug gets you down we have some suggestions to get you back on your feet and feeling healthy again.
Want to prevent the cold or flu?
- Get a chiropractic adjustment to boost your immunity.
- Decrease your sugar consumption as it directly decreases the immune system.
- Use a homeopathic tablet for flu and pneumonia prevention. We have some great options available at our office.
- Reduce your stress levels with meditation, massage or breathing exercises.
- Limit alcohol which can inhibit white blood cell activity.
- Exercise! Even a little exercise is better than no exercise.
- Use key supplements that support the immune system. We can help you choose those best for you.
Cold or flu got you down?
- Stay hydrated! Homemade chicken soup, Bueler’s vegetable broth or coconut water are great choices! Viruses like dry environments so hot liquids help.
- Get plenty of rest. It allows the body to repair and rebuild the immune system.
- A warm salt water gargle will ease a sore throat
- Hot water and lemon is a soothing drink for sore throats and coughs.
- Use a Neti pot to relieve nasal congestion.
- Use an inhalation of eucalyptus or peppermint oil to unblock your sinuses and chest.
- Relax in a hot bath to soothe aching muscles.
orig published 2/27/12